Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Week 1, lesson 1 (DO NOW)

 Topic : Holidays should only be 1 week long.

  • Opinion
  • Reason
  • Example

Do you agree or disagree with the statement shown above?

I personally don't agree, as a student I think that we do enough work during the year and a 2 week term break is good for us.

Why or why not?

The reasoning for my thoughts on this statement is because a lot of students get stressed and need a little break, maybe they ave something going on at home and the 2 week weekend might benefit them a lot. not only does this benefit the students but also the teachers, they can spend a lot more time with their family and possibly finish  their work ( students can also do this ). I think we should keep the 2 week weekend because most of us do enough work as is, seeing as we also do homework the 2 week weekend could provide us more time to submit our work. A lot of students need a break for their mental health and physical, this is because some students over work themselves.

What evidence can you provide the reader?

If you're a students yourself how would you feel if you lost a week of term break? Maybe you have work due? There are a lot of things you do in the weekends so I think its fair that we keep the 2 weeks vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.