Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Kintsugi

Kia Ora! In today's blog we will be talking about repairing things, i'm not only talking about object cause many other things can be fixed! This idea of fixing/repairing things came  from the Buddha, he thought of this because rather then buying new things to replace a broken object why not try to fix it? For example he would glue the broken pieces back on with gold dust rather the then clear almost as if he's trying to say "Yeah I broke it and I repaired it!" like he was proud. 
Kintsugi is the word for when you do this, means fixing something broken and making it into something beautiful. As I said earlier it doesn't always mean fixing an object but fixing things can also mean fixing relationships, perhaps you may have done something wrong? Try to apologise to that individual (Make sure you mean it when you say it!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Faye,
    This is a very good reminder that the Japanese tradition of kintsugi, the artful mending of broken pots and vases using a gold-inflected lacquer can also be applied to relationships. Ka pai! You've really understood the reading. In your opinion, What qualities besides kindness do people have to have to be able to repair relationships?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mr. Collins,
      Thank you for the good feedback, I appreciate it! A part from kindness I think you need to have determination to be able to repair relationships.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.