Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Marshmallow Tower

In today's task we had to try to build a tower using skewers and marshmallows, unfortunately ours fell on the last second. 

Two IP skills I used were verbal communication and inclusiveness, this helped us build it because we communicated and all decided on what to work on. All of us weren't left out and we all helped to build the tower, we talked about how to make it better and more sturdy! A couple warm fuzzies I used were GG (good game), Nice!, and nice thinking. 

Using our IP skills helped us build the tower because we discussed on how to start the tower off by using our verbal communication. This helped us with the activity because whenever we needed to repair something we would just tell each other to do so!

Today I worked with Leo and Kristille, I don't usually work with Leo but it turned out to be a fun experience with working with both of them. Surprisingly all of us seemed to work nicely, no one was bringing each other down or anything like that!

If I could redo the activity I would change the way we started the base off, I think it needed to be a little more sturdy so that it wouldn't fall. We definitely needed to work on sturdiness.

I think I achieved my goal on working on level 3 of Helisons behaviour model by, working without supervision, me and my team were able to learn new skills. We made our own decisions during this activity so I think we succeeded in L3.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.