Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Wilder People / Final thoughts and comments about the film.

Kia Ora! Today I will be writing about the film called Wilder people. If you haven't watched/researched abut the film yet, it was released in March 31 2016 and was directed by Taika Waititi. Taika Waititi has many professions and is a very talented man, hes won may awards and is famous around many countries. Another actor you might notice in the film is Julian Dennison, He played Ricky Baker during the film, I have seen him in many films and he's a very good actor. 

Ricky Baker was considered a bad child. Many people didn't want to take him in because they thought that he would mess up everything, that is until he met his new guardians. His new guardians loved him (Well, At least one of them did). Sadly Auntie Bella (Ricky's new guardian) passed away a few days after they got Ricky, No one really stated how she died but she was found dead whilst doing her laundry. A few days passed and child welfare was notified about the incident that occurred and would soon after try to take Ricky. Shortly after, he faked his death and both Hec and Him ran away together and had an adventure in the forest. Soon after the police caught up to them and chased them down, this is where a lot of chaos started! As you would expect during the end of the movie they ended up being caught by the police, Hec was almost thrown in jail because of the false accusations... At the very end Hec and Ricky made up and lived together.

My opinion on the film is very critical, I liked the film but it could possibly use some improvements. A few thing I liked about the film is that they did a pretty great job on the camera lighting and angles, it really set the mood they were trying to get out of a scene. Another things was that I thought the actors acting was great! It felt like very realistic to watch especially their script, it didn't feel like they were being shown what to say, which is great. Something that I didn't like about the film is the story line, I think that they need to add more detail because the film seemed a tad bit rushed at the beginning ( Some parts of the film wasn't explained thoroughly tot he audience ). Other then this I think the movie was pretty great!  

I would recommend this movie to people who like to watch comedy/adventure movies, the reason is because that Hunt for the wilder people is a mix of those two genres. I think you would enjoy watching this with friends and family members, this was a pretty much a family friendly film! If I were to give it a rating, I would give it a solid 3.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.