Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Pontoon Bridge.

 Pontoon Bridge.

The pontoon bridge was used in history so that the Persia army could cross the strait of Dardanelles in Turkey. This type of bridge could float on water so that land vehicles such as cars could cross without sinking, not only cars used this but also pedestrians. The pontoon bridge was also use during wartime or emergencies.

Historically, these bridges were built using wood. These floating bridges were simply constructed by fixing several barrels, rafts of timbers, or by using boats. Most of these bridges were used for temporary uses only.

Most pontoon bridges were reusable because you could move them around to use for another time you come across water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.