Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2021

Energy Transformations.

Energy Transformations - When energy is passed/changes from one type to  another.

There are 8 types of  energy

1. Kinetic - Allows movement.

2. Chemical potential - Energy that can come from either food or fuel.

3. Heat - Temperature giving energy. (Hot = lots) (Cold = not a lot)

4. Light - Waves of light - Visible (can see) or Xray

5. Gravitational - Effect of gravity pushing down.

6. Elastic potential - Something that stretches to load up emery.

7. Electrical - Anything that uses power/electricity.

8. Sound - Energy you can hear.


Steps -

Get a plastic cup

Cut the bottom of the cup

Get a balloon 

Stretch it out

Cut half the bottom tip of the balloon

Tightly put the cut balloon onto the bottom of the cup

Put a small marshmallow in and fire away!

Types of energy we used for this experiment -

Elastic energy.

Kinetic energy. - Gravitational energy.

Sound energy.

Conclusion -

As the balloon stretched out the marshmallow prepared to fly! The marshmallow came out and flew high in the air, it slowly fell down afterwards.

Marshmallow Shooters DIY Kids Craft | Coffee Cups and Crayons 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Faye,
    Good work! I really like how you added the steps and an image of what the marshmallow shooters were like. I noticed that chemical energy does not have a definition. Chemical energy- energy from food, or fuel. Examples are food giving people energy, and petrol in cars.
    Please can you add the slide animation of your marshmallows motion :)

    Miss A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Abernethy,
      I updated my work, and fixed up my blog. Thanks for the feedback and hope you like it!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.