Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Food Economics.

Kia Ora! Today we're going to be taking a look at how me and my team did during food economics!

Our first steps was to prepare the items and ingredients so that we could start our cooking lessons. We got out everything we needed like, chopping boards, knifes, bowls, etc. Once this was all set up, the teacher quickly taught us how to chop the vegetables and the meat in the proper way so that we wouldn't mess up! The first thing I did was diced the onion while my partner chopped the meat into a few pieces, after I finished dicing the onions I continued onto slicing the rest of the vegetables which  consists of capsicum, beans, carrots, etc. We finally finished the slicing process, it was time for cooking. We put two table spoons of sesame oil with the chicken and mixed it around, after that we put it onto the pan with the onions so that they could fry together. Whilst were waiting for that t turn golden brown we got ready another pot to boil the noodles in. The aroma of the golden brown onion drew us in and we soon realised that it was finally time to put the rest of the vegetables in. We mixed all of them together including the noodles and added soy sauce and sweet chilli, these ingredients really did help add more flavor to the dish. The ending results were fantastic! It had the right amount of soy sauce and chilli and all of the ingredients mixed well together, they all complemented each-others taste. My most favourite part of the dish was the noodles, meat and broccoli. I hope to make this at home soon, it's a very easy but tasteful snack!

Here are some pictures of the process of making the food.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faye. Well done! I like your blog. You and your partner worked very well together - good team work. I like your photos but next time please out them in order - mise en place before the final outcome. Also, where is the reciipe? I like your comments on the taste, flavour and smell. Can you think of any other ingredient that you could have added, maybe at the end of the cooking?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.