Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

WGA - Envy.

Envy is a type of jealousy you feel for someone of something, this is something you find appealing. You want to have this talent, item, person, etc. Perhaps you want something more than the obvious, for example you envy someone who can play the ukulele. Maybe you don't just want to know how to play this instrument, rather you want to be appreciated for knowing how to play this instrument.

Envy is trying to tell you something but it doesn't tell you everything you need to know, that's what you need to figure out yourself. Perhaps you may ask envy questions like, "why do I envy this person? Is it really just because they can play the ukulele or is it something else that I find appealing about them?".

Envy suggests that you do something to fulfil what you REALLY want to do and not just the obvious, maybe you can't play the ukulele but you can learn another instrument or do something good so that you can be appreciated. 

Do you envy something or someone? Maybe theirs something deeper to what you think you envy?

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Faye, This is a very good summary of the reading about Envy. You have identified the thinking process that allows you to use envy to find out more about what you really want. Tino pai!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.