Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Evaporation

Evaporating 
Condensation 
Distillation 

States of matter :
Solid 
Liquid 
Gas

What is Evaporation?
Evaporation is changing from a liquid to a gas, we do this by heating the liquid up.
As an example, you may notice that when you heat up your kettle with water it gives off a lot of smoke. That's the process of evaporating.

Condensation 
Condensation happens when you cool a liquid down, so it  is the exact opposite of evaporation. If you see this process it may look like shower fog!

Distillation
Separating a solution by using evaporating and using condensation after.

AIM : Use distillation to separate out the dissolved sugars in the coke/ coke zero/diet, from the liquid.

Hypothesis :

I think all of the sugars are gonna be taken out and the colour of the coke after will be very light brown, almost see through.

Results - Once the coke started boiling it started to form bubbles everywhere, this is when I think it started the evaporation process. As time went by the liquid started turning into a sludgy form which I think was the sugar. The condensing process was the gas coming from the liquid, the gas soon after turned into a liquid. After the experiment was finished the liquid hardened, some other people that did this experiment got different results since we used two different coke types. Coke Zero looked less dark and the classic coke was very dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.