Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Concentration & Dilution

Kia Ora! in today's lesson in BIO we will be learning about concentration & dilution. Concentrations means, measure of how much solute has been dissolved in the solvent. Dilution means Making something less concentrated (weaker), there will be less particles in the liquid. We will be able to measure it in two ways,  How dilute something is (how weak it is), how concentrated something is (how stronger it is). 

Today's experiment will be about Serial Dilution. (Serial Dilution - Diluting something multiple times.) We will be doing this experiment five times.

Aim : Cary out a Serial Dilution with Potassium Permanganate.

Hypothesis : I think that all the waters inside the tube will turn into different colours because of the dilution?

Method :

Observation :

As expected all of the colours turned into a different colour which was different shades of purple, as we dropped more to the other test tubes it got lighter and lighter and more dilute. Test tube 1 was a lot more concentrated because it had more particles and text tube 5 was the most dilute because it had less particles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.