Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Wga - About Socrates and his big idea.

Hello readers, today I will only be making a short blog about Socrates. This week in Wga class we had a talk about Socrates and his big ideas, here are some of our questions during this lesson and what we've learned so far.

What was Socrates big idea?

Socrates big idea what asking ourselves the question "Why" questions about how we're feeling or thinking. The particular reasoning for the thought of this idea was because Socrates learned that not many people knew themselves or know their feelings and thoughts and why they are feeling and thinking in this way. Soon after he learned that, he thought of this idea of asking ourselves "Why".

How can this idea help you?

This idea is very useful in spite of the fact that, It will help you reason with yourself by asking the question "Why". This can help you get out of distress or help you get out of a situation, For examples asking  "Why am I doing this". Asking ourselves the "Why" question is also very helpful for understanding yourselves, This is because it gets you thinking why you are doing this particular thing that may be a bit questionable. This helps with your emotions and how you act, and it may help you realise something and stop what you're doing or about to do. In all the facts stated in this text I do think that asking yourself from time to time is important, even for just once a day.


What do you think about asking "Why" Questions to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.