Pages

Monday, September 27, 2021

Food economics / Food review

 Kia ora!

Today I will be discussing what I did for food economics last week. Sadly I forgot the name of the food but it was a burrito or taco looking snack! Now you may be asking, how did you make this delicious tasting snack? Well here is what I remember. 

First things first, we got our instructions from our teacher and once she was done talking to us she let us off to go have a try at cooking this snack. First I cut the meat into little pieces, approximately 1 cm wide and perhaps 2 cm long whilst my partner started to cut the vegetables. Me and my partner stood a little far from each other since we didn't want an infection to occur if the veggies and the chicken mixes. After we were done cutting everything, I seasoned the meat with spice mix and popped it in the oven. While waiting for it to cook we put in the tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds and started preparing everything that was gonna go inside. Finally! We assembled everything together and had a bite.

It tasted delicious... as the food filled my mouth with flavor and texture I felt all the Little veggie pieces and the meat getting crushed in my mouth, they all thankfully mixed well together. As I was biting it some of the filling got out, but it's okay I put it back in! The flavour that stood out most to me was the onion, it had a very strong but good flavour. Perhaps if I could re-do it again I would perhaps put more ingredients in the meat.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faye. Crispy Chicken Taco was the recipe. A copy is in your HEc folder.
    I am pleased to see you referring to the potential cross contamination of chicken to vegetables. I like your description of the taco as you ate it. Next time some photos would be good.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.