Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2021

The Cay - Questions about Chapters 12-13.

1. How many days have Timothy and Philip been of the islands?
They've been in the cay for around 40 days.

2. What does Philip do to help Timothy when he is sick?
Philip helps timothy by assisting him, gave Timothy water and ripped some parts of his clothes to put on top of Timothy forehead like Philips mom did with him.

3. Explain why Philip is ready to climb the coconut tree?
Because he succeed climbing it and Timothy taught him what to do and how to specifically climb the tree. 

4. Why do you think Timothy is trying to teach Philip these survival skills?
Because Timothy thinks that he may die so he teaches Philip how to do these certain tasks so that when he is gone he will still be able to survive on his own.

5. What do you think Philip mean by his comment, "are you still Black"?
I think Timothy asked this question sarcastically because he perceived black people as being bad or unhelpful whilst Timothy was good and helpful which he thought wasn't the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.