Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Static Electricity.

What are the 3 particles that make up everything? Which ones have positive and negative charge?

Protons = Positive 

Neutrons = Neutral 

Electrons = Negative

Objects want to be "electrically neutral", what does this mean?

It means that they want to have an even balance of negative and positive, opposites attract.

When you rub two insulators you can get a static shock, so what is an insulator and a conductor?

Insulators are bad at passing on electricity but conductors are good.

What is an example of static electricity?

You can get static electricity from your hair, carpet, jacket,cardigan, slides, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.