Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Day Light Saving Research

In homeroom, we have been researching Daylight Saving. This is what I found out:

  1. When does Daylight Saving happen each year in New Zealand? It happens in last Sunday of September
  2. What year did Daylight Saving start in New Zealand? New Zealand first introduced day light saving in 1927.
  3. Why was Daylight Saving started? Thomas Sidey was the one who declared day light savings. This was so people could get 1 extra hour of day light. I think day light savings should continue because it gives people sometime after work, the 1974 revival of the daylight saving was for the farmers who had to milk their cows in the dark. I also think it should stay because you wouldn't have to pay as much for light because of the extra 1 hour.
  4. Do all the states in Australia have Daylight Saving? Who does and who doesn’t? Tasmania, Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and South Australia all have daylight saving, while Queensland, the Northern Territory and Western Australia do not.
  5. Write 3 tips to help others adjust to Daylight Saving this weekend.
  • Start getting used to the time and improvise with it.
  • Sleeping somewhere comfortable.
  • Not putting your phone beside your bed because it might tempt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.