Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Solar Oven

Last week in science we made SOLAR OVENS!!!

Solar ovens are used to cook or melt things with only using solar power, Solar power is energy form the sun being used and turned into energy by some sort of device. In this case we made our own D.I.Y Solar oven, This oven consists of a box, foil, tape and one stick. It was very easy to make so i'm gonna teach you how! Grab a box and make a sort of contraption to trap the heat in, After that tape everything together and put foil all around in the inside. Go outside and look for a good sunny spot to put you solar oven at. If it takes too long you can try use a magnifine glass to help it heat up. We made some yummy smores with this oven! I hope you learned how to make your own solar oven!

Here is an example of mine that me and my team made!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Faye, I enjoyed the project we both worked on together. I wasn't a big fan of the smores as it made me crave for water. I am glad we learnt something like that. It was great working with you and Kristille. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faye!
    Me and Stephanie really enjoyed doing this project with you and We hope you too! The s'mores we made turned out really good and we all have fun making our own solar oven! I really like how you put the Things people needed to do if they also wanted to do it on there own! Keep the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Faye
    Me and Stephanie really enjoyed doing this project with you and we hope you too. I really liked how you Shared how to make it to teach other people of how to do it! Keep the good work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.