Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

New Zealand Languages - Working From home

Hello, Today we are going to be talking about the 3 official languages of New Zealand and what they mean, They are English, Maori and Sign language. 

English - The English language is one of the most commonly used language around the world, It was created in the 5th century AD. England was the first ever country to speak the English language.

Maori - Maori language was the first language of New Zealand, The language was found in 1987. It was created by the people who first lived in New Zealand.

Sign - Sign language is commonly used for people who can't speak or hear. You use visual hand movements to make certain sentences. Sign language was created in 1817.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.