Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Wolves DLO - Working from home

DLO - Wolves
By: Faye

Wolf Conservation Center


Wolves are very cute but they can also be dangerous. How can they be dangerous? Well there are a lot of reasons why they are dangerous. Here are some interesting facts I learnt while researching about wolves.

There are a lot of wolf breeds, some extinct, but the most dangerous type of wolf are gray wolves. Gray wolves can weigh from 75 lbs - 200 lbs, they’re length can be from 105-160 cm and they’re body height can go from 80-85 cm. Wolves are carnivores, they eat meat as they’re food source. Wolves can run as fast as 50 - 60 km/h.Wolves howl to assemble they’re pack, they usually howl before or after hunts. Wolves also have 200 million cent cells and they can smell something 1.75 miles away from them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Faye, Wolves are very interesting and I'm glad your are writing about these carnivores. I didn't realize that the grew quite so large. You point out that they howl to gather before the hunt and after it. Do they hunt in packs too? I have only seen a few wolves in the wild. Fortunately they were alone, somewhat shy, and on the other side of the river. What other animals interest you? Thanks for your post, Faye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Collins, Thank you for the feedback. Yes wolves do hunt in packs most of the time. Some other animals im interested in are cheetahs,hyenas,dogs and different types of big cats. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.