Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Creative Writing - Working from home


Lost In The Forest.
Made by : Faye 

Image result for creative writing picture prompts
(This week for my task from working from home I decided to do creative writing, I  chose this picture to make a story out of.) Me and my friend were on our way to visit one of our relatives that lives in a different city. We figured that we would just take our car to go to our relatives house. As we were driving we turned on the radio to listen to some tunes, We parked by the side or the road to take a rest, since we’ve been driving for a couple of ours now. A few hours went by… I suddenly woke up to a honking sound, I looked if anyone was behind us, sure enough there was a car coming right at us, I passed out due to the impact of the car hitting us. A few minutes passed…. I woke up to a high pitched buzzing sound in my ear, It took me a second to realise that we had crashed in the forest, I didn't know where and how far we were from the road. I woke up my friend as fast as I could, Thankfully she woke up and we checked if the man in the car that crashed into us was okay, but he was a goner, We sprinted as fast as we could to get away from the crashed cars because it looked as if they were going to explode any time soon. We finally found a place to rest for the night and decided to solve things tomorrow. Morning hit with the bright sun beaming into my eyes, I noticed the bruises and cuts on my body but at that point it didn't matter anymore, I was focused on getting out of the forest. My friend finally woke up and we tried to think of a plan on how to get out. As the hours passed by we we’re getting hungry our tummy hurt from the starvation, we tried to fight it but we couldn't, we desperately looked for food, after a few minutes of looking, we found some berry bushes and started eating them. It was the next day and we had finally thought of a plan, Our plan was that we would gather small stones and split up, we would then use the stones as a path to lead us back if we got lost, We used our shirts as a bag to carry the tiny stones with us. We both went in our own paths, it took me a while to find it but eventually I found it, I sprinted back and told my friend that I finally found the road, We sprinted back in a hurry to the road. Night approached as we waited for a car to pass by. I was about to fall asleep when I heard something coming from a distance, It was a car! Me and my friend waved the car down and he stopped to pick us up. We told him to call emergency services and asked if we could stay here until they came. As we waited the man gave us food to eat, As we were eating we heard sirens coming from the road, We waved it down and they came to us. They put me and my friend in the cabin of the ambulance van, we were so happy to finally be able to get home. After a few days our bruises and scratches were finally gone. We were lucky to have been able to survive the incident.




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Faye, Thank you for sharing your exciting story about survival. I like how you have used the image: you develop a story that makes us infer that the bus has crashed. You don't tell us it has crashed but we know it has because you are trying find help back on the roadside and because of your bruises and scratches. Good work and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Collins, Thank you for the feedback.Hope you're safe. :)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.