Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Skittles

Skittles

 

Aim: To separate colours from Skittles by using chromatography.


 

Materials:

  1. Flat container

  2. Different colored skittles

  3. Water

 

Process:

Step 1: first you put the different colored skittles in the container.

Step 2: put the container with the skittles on a flat surface

Step 3: put some water inside of the container

Step 4: wait for the color to melt off of the skittles

Step 5:

Step 6:


Conclusion: What have I learnt from this experiment?

The steps on this experiment was really easy and is definitely doable at home. The water dissolves the color off of the skittle which makes the rainbow.In this experiment I learnt that water can dissolve color out of things that has dye in them and also it can dye the water.the material on this experiment was basic materials that you may find in your house, and maybe you can do this experiment too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.