Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

Rainbow paper

Rainbow Paper

 

Aim: To separate colours by using the process of chromatography.

 

 



 

Materials:

  1. Filter paper

  2. Water based felt pens.

  3. Cup

  4. A bit of water
  5. Ruler

  6. pencil

 

Process:

Step 1: get the filter paper

Step 2: make a line that is one centimetre long.

Step 3: make tiny circles on the filter paper using the water based felt pens.

Step 4: put the filter paper on the side on the cup just about floating on to of the bottom of the cup

Step 5: add a bit of water into the cup

Step 6: and then wait until the markers start to spread



Conclusion: What have I learnt from this experiment?

In this experiment I have learnt that water based felt pens spread really quickly if you add water to it.the steps on how to make the rainbow paper is really easy to do if you have the ingredients at home it is really easy and fun to do. The materials for this experiment might be found in your house, and maybe you can give it a go yourself.I think the coloured pens spread quickly because when the water gets to it, it makes it spread when it’s not dry yet.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.