Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Early Encounters in Aotearoa

Abel Tasman was the first European to arrived at Aotearoa, He arrive there at 1642.
At first he named the country Nouvea Zealandia but soon changed it to Aotearoa. James Cook was the 2nd explorer to find Aotearoa, He arrived at 1769. Tupaia was the name of the chief navigator helping the explorers. The Europeans brought ship rats, pigs, diseases and potatoes. Muskets are guns they used for battles. T hey ended their battles in the late 1830's. 

1 comment:

  1. A brief, but informative overview of events. Can you remember what the battles were called?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.