Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Kahawai

Discussion Doc
Kahawai

WALT: use what we already know to make meaning within a story.

Task
Work on this Doc together with a buddy, or in a group of 3.

When do you think this story takes place? I.e. If in the future, how many years into the future?
I think this would be in 2040


Is this the first time Āreta and Trish have taken the boat out fishing. Yes/ No

How do you know?
I think it wasn’t their first time because it seems like they know how to fish


What do you think the author means by regular people when he says “...back when regular people could still get petrol.”?
I think it means when people used to do things that were regular and when the earth was still normal.


In this story, what exactly does the Forest refer to?
  • It refers to the wind mills I think
Where is this story set do you think?
  • I think this was in a beach
What are the clues that tell you this?
    • because it had a lot of sand


Why is Grandma Trish so excited to find a Kahawai again. What has happened to them?
  • I think they were surprised because they thought all of the fish were gone.
Explain why you think this.
    • because the water was polluted with pollution


Why do Trish and Āreta let the Kahawai go back into the water?

    • So that the fish can make more fish and there might be a chance of them getting more fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.