Pages

Monday, May 20, 2019

Forensics science

THE FEET CAN MEASURE THE HEIGHT


The bones of the feet can tell a lot about a person. What do feet reveal about a person's height? Forensic anthropologists team up with law enforcers to help solve crimes.
Bones of the feet can reveal an interesting fact about an individual. Let's combine math with forensics to see how.

Image result for foot chart sizeImage result for foot to height ratio chart
Aim:  To use forensic science techniques to measure the height of a criminal.

Material:

  1.  One meter ruler. 
  2. Human.
  3. Shoe.

  4.  

Steps:

  1.  Get a one meter ruler .
  2.  measure your shoe .
  3.  measure your height .
  4. record your height.
  5.  record your foot length. 
Findings:


Name
Foot  (cm)
Height (cm)
Faye24.5 cm143 cm
Qyn25.5 cm145 cm 
Kristille23.5 cm 144 cm

Divide the length of each person's foot by his/her height. then multiply it by 100. 
Faye : 17.1
Qyn : 17.5
Kristille : 16.3


 Conclusion:
We found out that my foot length and my height is 24.5 cm and we also found out that my height is 143 cm. We found out that Qyn had a 25.5 cm foot and her height was 145 cm (with her shoes on). We also found out that Kristille foot length is 23.5 cm and her height is 144 (With shoes on). We found this all out by measuring each other  one by one with a big ruler.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.