Pages

Friday, March 12, 2021

ESOL - Story

Today in ESOL we were doing a story with these words - Contemplate, Courageous and cornucopia. One of the difficult things about writing this was I didn’t know what cornucopia was. Another thing that was hard was writing words that would fit in and sound nice, But I managed to do it I believe. Though it was a bit hard it was really fun writing this story, And you might notice it’s sort of based on a game I’ve recently been playing! Anyway here is my story. I hope you like it. Maybe there’s something I could’ve improved? 

Letter to the outside world.

I woke up to a loud thumping sound coming from the front of my boat , I had thought that I hit a big rock causing my boat to stop in the middle of nowhere. I wiped the sleepiness off my eyes and sat up and looked behind me… And there it was a place yet to be discovered and filled with wonders “I’ve reached land!” I said to myself in awe. I'm a very courageous person if I do say so myself, So I stepped out of the boat without worry. The sand felt like clouds forming the shape of my feet as I walked through. “I should probably contemplate around the place first” I thought to myself, As I was looking around I picked up a scent coming from a few miles away. I followed the scent suspiciously since I had thought there was no one on this island, The scent smelt like different sorts of fruits gathered in one place and I smelt a little bit of pie? I finally reached my destination and peeked around the bushes for safety, it was like heaven! There was a pile of food gathered up in one place, and a humongous cornucopia right in the middle of everything else. I myself am a very big fan of fruit and veggies, I had thought of being a vegan one day… Without worry I rushed over to the food without thinking about the consequences. Suddenly I heard rustling around the bushes, before I knew it I got knocked out and woke up in a wooden cage. This is where I'm writing this now. I’ve tried for days to escape but they’d always catch me, though they are very interesting people. This possum that comes here everyday to get food has been keeping me company. They’d given me supplies to build a leaf bed in my cage so I'm pretty comfortable, Plus they give me a generous amount of food everyday. I never understand them because they spoke in a language I never heard before. For anyone who finds this they have a mask on their faces and have fur all around their body, Some tribal markings and they always carry a bat or a shield with them. Their pretty lazy creatures, Might I mention there’s this big fella with them I had found out it was their leader because they always follow what he/she said. I forgot to mention that I have a sister, Her name is Lumine. I had lost her a couple of months back, I miss her a lot.


Sincerely ~ Traveler 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.